For my weekly Oh Hey, Friday! post, I’m listing my monthly goals. I know right about now everybody is probably doing New Year’s resolutions, but I personally never manage to stick to those. I’m going with monthly goals…little goals just seem a little less intimidating to me. And if I fail? A fresh start each month!
1) Last month, I had a goal of baking twice a week with Julian. I think this month my goal should be eating less of that baking. My husband isn’t into baked goods, and we try and limit our son’s sweet consumption, so guess who eats it all? Me, myself, and I. In other news, I’m getting good practice at embracing the roundness.
2) Daily Scripture and prayer time. I think this will forever be one of my monthly goals. My soul needs this and my family needs me to do this.
3) Go outside more. I’ve become a weeny about cold weather. The old me used to walk to school in 3 feet of snow, uphill both ways. Ok, maybe not uphill because the Midwest is as flat as my abs were pre-baby…but definitely the snow. The new Southern (wannabe) me? Well, it’s 40 degrees outside y’all.
4) Learn how to use my new camera. I mentioned last week that I got me a real pretty camera for Christmas. Sadly, I only know how to use like 3 buttons on it…one of which says on/off .
5) Craft. Ugh. The “C” word. Y’all, you don’t know how much of a labor of love this is for me. I hate crafting….like, I can’t even stand cutting paper. Alas, I know my little guy would really enjoy it so I’m committing to do one (yes, just one) craft with him this month. Something non-sticky, glitter free, and EASY. Any suggestions? I know Pinterest is full of ideas, but most of them are way out of my crafting comfort zone (which is about the size of a pinhead).